Does Rigid Aluminum Conduit Meet the Same Code Requirements As Rigid Steel Conduit?
Can I Use Galvanized Fittings With Rigid Aluminum Conduit?
- YES- NEC 344.10(A) Allows the use of either aluminum or galvanized fittings
Will Cutting & Threading Aluminum Be Harder Than Steel?
- NO– Use your standard cutting tools & dies and you’ll get fast, easy cuts & threads
Any Differences for Bending Aluminum Conduit?
- NO– Use your standard equipment, but it will be much easier
- You Can Even Use an EMT Bender on Sizes <1”
Is It Harder to Pull Cables Through Aluminum Conduit?
- NO- Independent tests show that aluminum & steel are comparable, details are available.
Why Is Rigid Aluminum Conduit Less Expensive Than Steel?
- The combination of extrusion technology and the weight of the material:
- Aluminum extrusion is much more productive than its steel counterpart.
- Since aluminum weighs 1/3 as much as steel, you can cover 3 times the distance with the same amount of weight. 1 pound of aluminum = 3 pounds of steel
Are There Any Applications Where You Would Not Want to Use Aluminum?
- YES– When buried in concrete or soil, we recommend using PVC coated Rigid Aluminum Conduit.
- Certain chlorine-based chemicals may reduce the life of steel or aluminum conduit, in these applications we recommend using PVC coated Rigid Aluminum Conduit.
best interests for dating profile